Sponsor a Dalmatian
Want to help but can't foster? Now you can sponsor a Dal in a foster home or shelter. A donation of $20 or more goes a long way towards paying for daily care
of a Dalmatian waiting for a permanent home. You will be identified on the dog's page as the sponsor, and receive updates on the dog when it finds a new home.
To become a sponsor, select the dog you are interested in from the Available Dogs, and then send your donation (payable to Dalmatian Rescue of Colorado) and
the dog's name to:
Marj Swanson, Treasurer
713 McGraw Drive
Fort Collins, CO 80526
11 Reasons Why Older Dogs Rock
- HOUSETRAINED You won't have to go through the difficult stage(s) of teaching a puppy house manners and mopping/cleaning up after accidents.
- WON'T CHEW EVERYTHING Older dogs are not teething puppies, and won't chew your shoes and furniture while growing up.
- FOCUS Older dogs can focus well because they've mellowed, thus they learn quickly.
- KNOW WHAT "NO" MEANS Older dogs have learned what "no" means. (If they hadn't learned it, they wouldn't have gotten to be older dogs!)
- IN WITH THE "PACK" Older dogs settle in easily, because they've learned what it takes to get along with others and become part of a pack.
- GREAT AT LOVING Older dogs are good at giving love once they get into their new, loving home. They're grateful for the second chance they've been given.
- WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) Unlike puppies, older dogs have grown into their shape and personality. Puppies can grow up to be quite different from what they seem at first.
- INSTANT COMPANIONS Older dogs are instant companions ready for hiking, car trips, and other things you like to do.
- TIME FOR YOURSELF Older dogs leave you time for yourself, because they don't make the kinds of demands on your time and attention that puppies and young dogs do.
- A GOOD NIGHT'S SLEEP Older dogs let you get a good night's sleep because they're accustomed to human schedules and don't need nighttime feedings, comforting, or bathroom breaks.
- AND LASTLY... OLDER DOGS ROCK!!!
Adapted from The Senior Dogs Project
[Join us on Facebook]
©2013-2014. Dalmatian Rescue of Colorado, Inc. All rights reserved.